Stress, and, how, we handle it, often, differentiates, between, becoming the best and happiest, we can be, and, far – less! In the United States, stress – related issues, and concerns, are so widespread, pharmaceuticals, for stress and tension, are, one of the largest components, of that industry! However, after, over four decades of involvement, in a variety of industries and activities, and having, conducted, many – hundreds, of, self – help, and/ or, personal development, seminars, as well as, written a book, and several articles, related to natural remedies and treatments/ handling, for stress relief, I strongly, believe, the better one handles, issues and matters, related to his own stressful, and/ or, potentially, stress – related issues, the more content, happier, etc, one might be. With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 non – invasive ways to better handle, and effectively use (to your advantage, stress and tension, etc.
1. Breathing/ deep – breathing exercises: One of the simplest ways, to reduce one’s heartbeat, and slow – it – down, when it feels, like, it’s racing, is, to control your breathing and pace! Deep – breathing exercises, in most cases, are a rather – simple way, to immediately, relax yourself, temporarily, and, slow your heartbeat/ pulse, and bring – down your blood pressure!
2. Self – hypnosis: For most people, learning, and effectively, using, self – hypnosis techniques, etc, is extremely, powerful, in controlling stresses, etc! There are a variety of techniques, and approaches, for achieving this, and, I highly – recommend, reviewing the literature, to discover, how it might be useful to you! As part of my self – help seminars, these past – four decades, I constantly, introduce this technique, and, why, many find it, helpful!
3. Think – you – can attitude: Henry Ford is often credited, with, saying, You can think you can, or, can’t. Either way, you’ll be correct! When one focuses on achieving, instead of worrying about the negative possibilities, he proceeds, to consider, an obstacle, as a challenge, to overcome, rather than, a problem, to run – away – from!
4. Yoga; meditation, etc: There are several, effective, exercise, and ways, to help you relax! Many find yoga, as an effective method, while others, prefer using a variety of meditation exercises, and processes!
5. Write down challenges, fears, perceptions, options, etc – Avoid procrastination!: The least – productive, but, frequent behavior anc action, may resort to, is turning to, procrastination, but, putting – off, things, almost always, makes things, far – worse, in the longer – term! It helps, if, you proceed, in an organized, comprehensive way. One excellent approach, is to write down, what you believe are the obstacles, and/ or challenges, why you fear, what you do, your personal perceptions, etc, and your options and alternatives, as well as, what you believe, would reduce your tension, anxiety, and stresses!
If you learn to control your stresses, and, even – better, learn from them, you will begin, handling them, in a more effective, beneficial manner! How much do you wish, to help – yourself?